EPAFU (Elders Poverty Alleviation Foundation Uganda) is a community based organization that was founded by concerned members looking at the Plight of the vulnerable older Persons in the community; the CEO is Mr. Patrick Jawiambe.
EPAFU was registered on the 29/06/2020 in Jinja City, Uganda under the Directorate of Gender, Labour and Community Services. It has an executive committee which is the administrative body.
It stands on a strong christian based foundation of caring for the elderly and their dependants within the community.
The Organization has specific objectives which include
- Providing basic needs like (food, water, clothing and shelter, but also sanitation, education, and healthcare).
- Providing income generating activities in order to create a situation that is self-sustaining.
- Improving sanitation and community health through community awareness.
- Enhancing the livelihoods of the older persons within the community, improving the well being and the growth of the vulnerable elders.
EPAFU Activities involve
- Identifying the elders who are vulnerable and those that lack the basic needs.
- Home visits to the older persons to monitor and evaluate their livelihoods.
- Outreach to the Community and extending the available services required.
The above activities are carried out by the founder members and volunteers.
EPAFU Motto “CARING FOR THE ELDERLY”
Funding is from members, well-wishers, friends and other related organizations locally and internationally.
Bank Account Number for donation
Account Name: Elders Poverty Alleviation Foundation Uganda
Bank Name: Equity Bank
Bank Branch : Jinja Branch
- for USD 1027201671521
- for UGX 1027201671482
Swift Code: EQBLUGKA